Winter Workshop Series 2013
Thanks for coming to MoBo’s 2013 Winter Workshop Series!
Thank you to all of the presenters who supported MoBo and our biking community by sharing their skills and experiences!
Thank you to the MoBo volunteers who helped organize, publicize, and Journey-ize this year’s series!
The Winter Workshop Series is an annual series of educational workshops presented by knowledgeable folks from our community. All workshops are free and open to the public. The atmosphere is relaxed, participatory, and inclusive of all levels of experience! A variety of topics are covered, from bike culture to mechanics. If you have an idea for a topic for next year’s series, or would like to lead a workshop yourself, please get in touch!
More photos from this year’s series can be found here, courtesy of MoBo volunteer Michael Providenti.
The 2013 Winter Workshop Series included:
- “Tune-Ups and Basic Maintenance” – 2/18/13, presented by Ron Gillespie of the UC Bike Kitchen/UC Sustainability
- “Brakes” – 2/25/13, presented by Nern Ostendorf of Queen City Bike with the Graduates of Sister Cycles
- “Wheels” – 3/4/13, presented by Scott Pardi of the Clark Montessori Bike Project
- “Hubs” – 3/11/13, presented by Thomas Brannan of Montgomery Cyclery
- “Powertrain and Shifters” – 3/18/13, presented by Martin Sanders of Reser Bicycle Outfitters
- “Urban Riding and Roadside Repair” – 4/1/13, presented by Jess Linz of MoBo, Guadalajara en Bici, and Sister Cycles with her friends
- “Commuting and Touring” – 4/8/13, presented by Bob Linz, who recently completed a cross-country tour in 2012
- “Modern Components” – 4/15/2013, presented by Dominic LoPresti of Spun Bicycles