Meet the new Mobo board! Braxton, Jheri, Charlie, Keith, and Peter joined the board in November 2014. They are looking forward to working hard and making Mobo the best it can be. If you have ideas or suggestions for Mobo, feel free to stop by our monthly meeting the first Sunday of every month at 5:30 pm. And don’t forget to check out our facebook page (www.mobobicyclecoop.org) for regular updates on events and activities.
It is election time at MoBo and the Village Green Foundation. Every year the membership elects five to seven members to serve in leadership roles. In order to become a candidate for a board position, the first order of business is to submit a Letter of Intent to run for the MoBo Board.
The Letter of Intent
A Letter of Intent to run for the MoBo Board needs to include the following information:
- How long, and in what capacity, have you been a volunteer?
- Briefly describe how you intend to support MoBo’s mission.
Requirements of Candidacy
All candidates must:
- be current MoBo members.
- have logged volunteer hours.
Keep in mind, it is NOT a requirement that candidates be mechanics. All sorts of organizational and coordinating skills are needed and welcomed.
- August 1, 2014 to August 24, 2014: Letters of Intent will be accepted. Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 25, 2014 (or shortly after): The Letters of Intent which meet the basic requirements will be posted publicly for review.
- Week of August 25 to September 14, 2014: Current MoBo members will be able to cast votes.
- September 14, 2014: At 5:30pm the votes will be tallied and the newly elected board will conduct its first General Meeting of the 2014-2015 term.
Requirements of Board Members
The MoBo Board is a working board. Board members are regular volunteers with some added responsibilities.
- Board members are required to volunteer a minimum of 20 hours per month.
- Board members are required to volunteer at least 5 hours per month in the shop (though not necessarily as a mechanic).
- Three MoBo Board members are required to represent MoBo on the Village Green Foundation (VGF) Steering Committee and attend VGF meetings.
- Board members are required to understand MoBo’s mission.
- Board members are required to uphold the policies and procedures of MoBo and the VGF.
- The entire elected board is required to hold regular meetings, the so-called General Meetings, which are always open to the entire MoBo membership. Meeting agendas should be available to the membership for review prior to meetings and minutes should be posted for the membership to review after the meetings.
Get your letters ready and good luck!
We have been trying to discern if registration for 6-12 year olds for MoBo’s Kids Day has started. We encourage you to share any information you may have about this year’s Kids Day at MoBo.
Jheri Neri is coordinating this year’s program. He can be contacted for information at email@example.com.
We’ve had to push back the start of Kids Day. We had planned to open the Kids Day season on 6/2/14 but the Kids Day Team has not yet completed the registration of participants. However, that is about to be quickly turned around.
The Kids Day Coordinator will be registering participants Friday the 6th through Sunday the 8th at Northside’s McKie Community Center. For specific details, please contact the MoBo Kids Day Coordinator, Jheri Neri.
This Sunday, June 8th at 5:30pm, at MoBo’s General Meeting, the Kids Day Team will be invited to provide a report and update on this year’s program. If you want to participate or just find out how things are developing, this would be your opportunity.
Registration for MoBo’s 2014 Kids Day is at SPUN Bicycles, 4122 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati. As soon as the Kids Day Coordinator brings the registration forms to MoBo, registration will also be possible during our regular open hours. Watch MoBo on facebook for the most up-to-date news and for a heads up on any schedule changes.
Questions about the Kids Day program for the 6-12 year olds should be addressed to the Kids Day Coordinator, Jheri Neri.